Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Beach Boozer

So, I received the following note on my car the other day while at lunch with friends:


I'll allow you a moment to gain your composure...



Of course, my first reaction was "this is a joke."  I knew who the culprit was.  That would be my Godbabydaddy.  He is the ultimate prankster and it made perfect sense because he joined us late for lunch and would've had the opportunity to slip this note on my car considering we all left at the exact same time.

So, I call him as we're all driving away and I'm laughing hysterically.  He didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but I knew this was all part of his act.  He told me to send him a picture of the note, so I did.  He was laughing.  I was laughing.  I kindly thanked him for making me feel good about myself and we hung up.  I didn't think much more about it.

Then, yesterday, I get a call and a text from my Godbabymomma asking me if I e-mailed Mr. Boozer.  My response was something along the lines of "Hahahaha.  That Brian is crazy.  And he tried to deny it."  She then told me that in fact it wasn't my Godbabydaddy who had left the note.  She said he absolutely would've told her and there is no way that is his handwriting.

Now, I'm intrigued.

There are a few (or more) concerns that I have about this love note.  First, the grammar skills Mr. Boozer possesses leave a lot to be desired.

Second, and perhaps most important, who in their right mind uses the e-mail address beach.boozer@yahoo.com?  Only a yahoo.

And, lastly, lunch was at Hooters.  Not necessarily where I want to meet my future husband.

This morning I made up a fake e-mail address and sent Mr. Boozer a note thanking him for making my day.  We'll see if I get a response.

There is still a 99.9% chance this is, in fact, my Godbabydaddy.  In which case, this online love affair will make Manti Te'o seem like a saint.  I'll keep everyone posted.

This is my life.  And I blame me.

1 comment: