It started with drinks and dinner with one of my very best friends. She and her husband and new baby boy live a few blocks over from me. Or, should I say, I live a few blocks over from them...they were here first! She and I haven't lived in the same town since college so I'm very much enjoying being so close. Friday night was the first time she and I went out just the two of us in more than a year. It was refreshing and much needed! We went to a wine bar that opened in our neighborhood last fall. We had both been wanting to try it for some time. It did not disappoint. The wine selection was fabulous...despite the fact that they did not carry Beringer White Zin. This place was just a tad too fancy. The atmosphere was great...diverse crowd. Service was impeccable. And the food was delicious. But the best part was certainly the company. There is no amount of therapy or prescription drugs that can beat a gab session with the bestie over a few glasses of wine. Note, I did have more glasses of wine than Val did since she is just getting back on the wagon after having a baby in December.
Saturday was both productive and relaxing. Slept in until 8:00 Saturday morning...that is sleeping in for me. I usually can't sleep past 6:30. Met up with Valerie and Amanda for lunch and spent most of the afternoon with the girls...and we got some great Auntie Em/Aunt Amanda time with Baby Wyatt. Ended the day with a pedicure and the latest edition of PEOPLE magazine.
Sunday included church, cleaning, walk with Hank, grocery store, baking, Texans game (bummer), Golden Globes, Downton Abbey, and the premiere of Girls. All in all, a very pleasant day.
So while this weekend may not be one for the history books, it reminded me that every once in a while, it's really nice to have a perfectly lovely weekend.
![]() |
| Hank resting on my lap during the Golden Globes. |

No comments:
Post a Comment