Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How Great Thou Art

One of my daily routines is to turn on the news as soon as I wake up and watch for 10-15 minutes before getting out of bed to let Hank outside.  Just enough time to catch the weather, traffic and learn about the homicides, suicides, drunk driving accidents, burglaries, rapes, and fires that occurred the night before.  Oh, and let us not forget about the tanking economy, war on terrorism, immigration reform and gun control! 

It finally dawned on me that waking up to all this negative news is probably not the way to start each morning.  I remembered a YouTube video I saw more than a year ago that blew my mind.  It's Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill's duet performance of "How Great Thou Art" at an event honoring the women of country music in 2011.  Since last week, I've been starting each morning by grabbing my phone and watching this performance. 

The video went viral and millions of people have seen it.  If you haven't watched it, please take 5 minutes out of your day and treat yourself to this greatness.  I guarantee you will get the gooseys.  You do not have to be a fan of country music to be moved.  And if you have seen it, watch it again.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that Carrie looks AMAZEBALLS!  Seriously, she has legs that go on forever and a rear end that you could bounce a quarter off of...but, she's no girlfriend of A.J. McCarron!  Ha. 

I do find that playing this 5 minute video each morning before turning on the tube to hear all the negativity has really helped me jump start my day in a much more positive way.  Of course, the prozac helps, too.


This is my life.  And I blame me.

No comments:

Post a Comment