Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I am pissed off.

Nothing like a fiscal cliff to get a girl in the mood to (re) start a blog.  The headlines this morning might lead one to believe that Congress and the President acted just in time to keep our country from pummeling over a "fiscal" cliff, but I woke up and my entire body feels like it took a good tumble.  Cover your ears (and eyes), mom.  I'm one pissed off motha effa.  I don't know who the President and this Congress think they are, but they clearly have not met me.  It has nothing to do with being a Republican or Democrat.  But is has EVERYTHING to do with being an American.  And guess what fellow Americans?  We're to blame.  We keep allowing our elected officials to get away with ludicrous behavior.  We continue to settle.  We continue to turn our cheek when slapped and say, "Gimme another."  We're to blame.  I'm to blame.  And I hate feeling the burden of blame.

This notion of the blame game actually prompted me to do something I haven't done in over two years...take to the keyboard and start blogging.  On my long drive into the office today, I decided this time it won't be JUST about trying to get healthy or JUST about blaming the President and Congress for our woes or JUST about the soccer mom who just cut me off while texting and talking on her bluetooth.  I hope this blog will be a productive method for me to air frustrations and search for answers.  I want to search for ways that I, Emily Ann Davenport, can make a change...in my life and in my neighbors' lives.

Right now, I'm not in a good place.  I'm unhealthier than I've been in a very long time.  Like many other Americans, I'm living paycheck to paycheck and trying to figure out how to save money.  I've lost touch with some dear friends.  I want to be a better daughter/granddaughter/sister/niece/Godmother.  I have so much to be thankful for and I have to start showing my gratitude.

I recognize that not one other single person may read this personal journal and that is fine with me.  I have no problem laughing at my own jokes.  I'm quite good at that.  I have no problem crying at my own struggles.  I'm damn good at that.  This journal won't be strictly political or strictly health related.  It will not always be funny.  It will not always make sense.  And it will certainly not always be grammatically correct.  It will be my outlet.  It will be where I come to talk about my problems and hopefully come up with solutions.  I will accept responsibility for the good AND bad.  This is my life.  And I blame me.

3 comments:

  1. I am super excited about this blog. The state of the country is a big topic at our house. I do believe I've heard the words, "We've lost the country," many times over the last few days. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this gives me some hope in this hopeless mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to have your blog to read again...love you! And rock on sister!!

    ReplyDelete