Thursday, January 3, 2013

Let me clear my throat...

First of all, I'm completely overwhelmed by the amount of people that actually do give a flying leap about what I say.  If you know me at all, then you know I'm an extremely co-dependent person, so thanks for feeding my need to be loved/wanted/needed!  It has actually prompted me to take pause and make a few clarifications based on yesterday's post.

#1:  I LOVE this country.  There is nowhere else on the globe that I would rather live.  I do, however, think our political leaders (all parties included) in Washington are currently misguided and have lost sight of our country's core principles and values.  As you may know, I am extremely passionate about politics and so my views and opinions will probably pop up often in my daily journal.  I just didn't want anyone to think that I was in ANYWAY bashing this great country based on yesterday's post.  Geaux America!  Or, in the words of my buddy GWB, "Geaux 'murica!"

#2:  I am an extremely blessed woman.  I have a wonderful family and an amazing group of friends.  God has given me a brain, a heart and a body that is able to get up and go to work each morning.  I have a roof over my head and food on my table (albeit sometimes TOO much food).  I was afforded the opportunity to attend the BEST State University in all of the land--and by "best" I don't necessarily mean the most prestigious, but definitely the most fun!  I am grateful for all that God has given me and I don't want to come off as flippant about these blessings.  It's just therapeutic for me to make light of some of my daily struggles, which in comparison to many, are miniscule.  I recognize that and will continue to do so.

#3:  I love myself.  I can be self-deprecating at times, but I promise...I think I'm awesome.  In fact, just call my sister...she'll tell you how awesome I think I am.  I just think it's funnier to write about peccadilloes rather than awesomeness.  So when I say, "This is my life.  And I blame me," I'm just talking about taking personal responsibility for who I am...the good...the bad...and the really bad!  I thank God everyday for the person he made and I pray he'll guide me to be the best I can be.  This blog is just the story of that journey.

So...I know I don't need to explain myself as I just did above because this is MY journal.  But, as I mentioned, I was surprised by the number of folks paying attention and I just wanted to make a few points for those of you who may not know me "in real life."

If you have not noticed, I love to use quotation marks (aka "air quotes") and parenthesis.  I'm sure English teachers across America would cringe while reading these posts.  ("Get over it.")

As for today's title...I wrote this post while sitting in the doctor's office this morning.  And what song comes to mind while sitting in a waiting room full of sick people coughing up their lungs?  This little number! 


Enjoy!  (And for any of you who went to high school in the 90's, I DARE you not to sing along!)

This is my life.  And I blame me.  


1 comment: